Wednesday, January 12, 2005

A Novena for Archbishop Raymond Burke

Catholics throughout the St. Louis Diocese and around the country are thrilled and thankful for the example of Archbishop Raymond L. Burke, who has been courageous in confronting the enemies of the Church like Abortion and Same-sex 'marriage', while at the same time promoting the traditional Latin Mass by inviting two Latin Mass communities to St. Louis. Other stories of our Archbishop's insistence on 'orthodoxy' within the diocese and even casual observers will see a dramatic difference in the Catholic Community of St. Louis since his arrival.

As is his wont, the evil one does not stand by while advances are being made for Our Lord, Jesus Christ. Consequently, Archbishop Burke has come under attack from virtually all sides. The secular media i.e. Post Dispatch and local television outlets especially, routinely mis-quote or fabricate quotes that they attribute to His Excellency, under the guise of "news". 'Liberal' Catholics represented by the like of John Kerry and many of the local and state politicians of Missouri, question Archbishop Burke's 'understanding' of separation of church and state., and "traditional" Catholics who hide behind slanderous websites publish erroneous facts and even quote extreme left wing denouncements of the Bishop in support of their separatist argument.

In light of this, we are organizing a Novena for Archbishop Burke to be begun on Friday January 14 and ending on Saturday January 22nd, the anniversary of Roe vs.. Wade. We ask that you offer your intentions for Mass and Communion on Sunday the 23rd for his intentions asking Our Lord to strengthen Bishop Burke against these numerous attacks.

Since Archbishop Burke has a strong devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, our novena will be the Irresistible Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. (see below). Please commit your support for Archbishop Burke and join the fight against the enemies of the Church. We encourage you to share this campaign and spread this information through email or any other means.


Irresistible Novena
to the
Sacred Heart of Jesus


O my Jesus, Thou didst say: "Amen, I say to you, ask and you shall receive;
seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you."
Hence I knock, I seek, and I ask for the grace of...
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be...
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee!

O my Jesus, Thou didst say: "Amen, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father
in My name, He will give unto you.” Hence I ask the Father,
in Thy name, for the grace of...
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be...
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee!

O my Jesus, Thou didst say: "Amen, I say to you, heaven and earth shall pass away,
but My words shall not pass away." Encouraged by Thy infallible words,
I now ask for the grace of...
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be...
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee!

Let us pray
Sacred Heart of Jesus, for Whom one thing alone is impossible, namely, not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace we ask of Thee, through the intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
Thy tender Mother and ours.

Hail Holy Queen...
Saint Joseph, friend of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
Heart of Jesus, rich unto all that call upon Thee, have mercy on us!
Heart of Jesus, salvation of those who hope in Thee, have mercy on us!


No comments: