Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mental Prayer for May 5-God's Goodness to All Mankind

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To realize God's overwhelming love for mankind.

Mental Picture: Look into one of the thousands of the world's laboratories where men are busy investigating the secrets of nature and learning how to use them. Then see their massive dams along great rivers taming the raging currents. See the farmer growing man's food, the miner digging out the earth's treasures, the manufacturer making of these raw materials new things for the use and pleasure of men.

My Personal Application: Men are called the kings of the earth. This is true. For all things on earth are for man. Moreover, man is greater than any of the forces of the universe - greater even than the atom. For man captures all of these things and uses them as he pleases.

What is it that makes man so great? His soul - ­God's greatest gift. It is by his soul with its intelligence and power of will that man conquers the world, sees and loves beauty, can laugh or be sad, desire happiness. It is our soul that makes us men - kings of God's universe and future citizens of heaven. And how have I loved God in return for this gift He has given us out of His love?

I Speak to God: Dear Lord, your goodness to men is beyond my ability to understand fully. I know your goodness from what you have done: making us out of nothing to be kings of all earthly creation, destined for unending life of joy. Is there any­thing more you could do that you have not done? What shall I do to prove my love for you? As your actions speak louder than your words, so I will make my actions speak loudly and prove that I really mean it when I say, "I love you above all things."

Thought for Today: God has made us kings.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: