Monday, July 31, 2006

The Church of the Future???

Since the topic of the Pittsburgh 12 has been discussed numerous times and little more needs to be said about it other than we need to seriously pray for these indviduals, I thought I would share some comments from four of the women involved who are from the San Francisco Bay Area (courtesy of SFGate.com).

"In some minds, we are out of the church. I don't see it that way. I hope to guide people to the church of the future, which will welcome everyone to the table."

Interesting comments. And they are indicative of nearly everyone who choose to separate himself/herself from the Church. The Church founded by our Lord and Savior is not good enough, so one must remake it his (or her) own image.

Bay Area women

Kathleen Kunster

Age: 61
Emeryville resident
Certified public accountant, master's degree in divinity
Grandmother of four

"When I was 11, I told the priest, 'Father, I think I have a calling to be a priest.' He said, 'Girls can't be priests.' "


Juanita Cordero

Age: 64
Los Gatos resident
Licensed vocational nurse, master's in human development, instructor at De Anza College
Mother of five

"My calling to the priesthood is really strong. This is the road I need to go down."


Dana Reynolds

Age: 58
Carmel resident
Spiritual director of Mosaics, a women's spirituality center
Married 39 years, mother of two, grandmother

"We don't have the luxury of time to debate who should be a priest, who shouldn't. The world is at a crisis point. We need to start pouring the love out."


Olivia Doko

Age: 63
Pismo Beach resident
Master's in theology, founder and director of Olive Tree Ministries
Married 43 years, 2 sons, 1 grandson

"There are so many people that hunger for the ministry that women can offer."

No comments: