Thursday, November 09, 2006

Mental Prayer for November 10, Confidence in God's Help

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: My God, that I may have deep confidence in your powerful assistance.

The Idea: During World War II in the Pacific area many of our planes were shot down, but the pilots managed to stay alive on their life rafts. Our government kept many men, ships, and planes busy in rescuing these brave fighters. No expense was too great to save even one life. But those to be rescued did their part too. The con­fidence they had in their ultimate rescue spurred them on to stay afloat.

The all-powerful God who made us is more interested in us than we are in ourselves. We are never tempted unless He permits it. He is most anxious to rescue us in order to show His love and mercy. But He waits. He wants our co­operation. He wants us to use the right means to avoid occasions of sin and temptations. He wants us to pray. Above all, He wants us to trust Him completely.

My Personal Application: Do my thoughts turn to God when I am tempted? Or do I like to live dangerously? How strong am I? Without God's continual presence I couldn't even exist. I can't hope to conquer temptations without Him. But more important let me convince myself of this: that with His help I can conquer all things. And this help He never refuses to one who co­operates.

I Speak to God: I place my complete trust in you. With your grace and aid I can do all things. Grant that I may always turn to you in all my trials and temptations. I know you will never fail me.

Thought for Today: Heart of Jesus, I trust in thee!
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: