Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mental Prayer for March 4, Vocation to Parenthood

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: Holy Trinity, that I may see mar­riage through your eyes.

Mental Picture: See the Holy Trinity talking over the creation of man. "How shall we people the earth? Shall we keep creation for ourselves? No, let us have man help us; let him have some of our power. Let us make man and woman to be help­mates to each other. Let us make man and woman so they need each other to complete them­selves. Let them help each other to find their way back to us. Let us bless their cooperation and love with our own sublime power of giving life, with a share in the creation of people for the earth with souls that will one day be with us."

My Personal Application: Do I look at marriage as a way of saving souls, my soul and the soul of my spouse? Do I see that God's intention in mar­riage is to bless the love of a man and woman with a great trust: bringing new life into the world for heaven? In marriage a man and woman sanctify themselves through their love for each other, and by that very love, bring forth new life which they can teach to love the good God.

I Speak to God: Dear God, my Father, and holy Mary, my Mother, help me to see the wonderful vocation of parenthood as you do. Teach me to see the folly of the world's view of marriage as only sentimental or worse, changable, even as purely selfish. Help me to see marriage as a means of sanctity for myself and my future spouse, and as a way to cooperate in filling heaven with souls for your glory.

Thought for Today: My God, teach me that love is a way to sanctity.
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: