Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just for Today, August 20

No man hath so lively a feeling of the Passion of Christ, as he who hath happened to suffer like things.
-Bk. II, ch. ii.

The charity of Christ is never diminished, and the greatness of His propitiation is never exhausted.
-Bk. IV, ch. ii.
_____________

One Sunday, as I closed my missal after Mass, a picture of the Crucifixion slipped out a little beyond the pages, only one pierced hand showing. I was filled with a strange emotion I had never felt before. The sight of the Precious Blood running down unheeded, no one troubling to gather it up, broke my heart. I resolved always to remain in spirit at the foot of the Cross, to receive the heavenly dew of salvation and give it to souls.

Christ's dying cry: I thirst! re-echoed in my heart, and increased my burning love. I longed to give Him to drink, and was myself tortured with a thirst for souls, and a desire to save them from perdition.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: