Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just for Today, November 16

No man securely rejoiceth, unless he have within him the testimony of a good conscience. Yet the security of the saints was always full of the fear of God. Neither were they less careful or humble in themselves, because they were shining with great virtues and graces.
-Bk. I, ch. xx.
____________

They tell me that I shall be afraid of death; that may well be. If you only knew how diffident I am about myself: I never rely on my own ideas; I know my weakness only too well, but I will take comfort in what Our Lord allows me to feel at the moment. It will be time enough to suffer when I feel differently.
-Novissima Verba.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: