Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Some "Sound Off" Comments

These were in the Post Dispatch this morning:
Freedom to vote

Many people, as well as myself, are shocked that Archbishop Burke has the nerve to tell the Catholic population how to vote. This is a free country, and people have the right to vote as they see fit.
I have a suggestion - read the Pastoral Letter. I have read it 3 times. Nowhere does he tell anyone how to vote. He gives us the teaching of the Church about those things which are evil in and of themsleves, as well as principles for informing our consciences so that we may vote with prudence.

And lest we forget, God gave everyone a free will to choose Him or to reject Him. We know the consequences of each choice.
Archbishop's letter

I can imagine the Republican Party's headquarters was ecstatic when the archbishop's letter was written, but I also wonder how much it cost them to have it written.
I heard reports from the RNC that there was a BIG party when the Archbishop released his letter, and they paid not one red cent...as Fr. Corapi has stated so many times, "You just can't fix stupid!"
Divisive leaders

Bush and Burke are the most divisive leaders I have ever known in my 75 years. Both are egotists who cannot tolerate anyone who questions their opinions or actions. Both say that God talks to them. I'll bet this is news to God.
My guess is that you will be quite surprised when leave this world for the next one which will be for eternity - and it seems that your departure time is getting nearer. I hope you don't feel the same way about our Lord since he was such a "divisive leader" as well? But then again, maybe you do.

So there we have it...of the three "Sound Off" comments regarding Archbishop Burke, all were nasty and negative. But rest assured, there is no agenda at the Post.

Again, I make a clarion call to keep praying for Archbishop Burke. Even those in his own flock turn against him for speaking that which Christ and the Church demands that we hear.

Source.

No comments: