Friday, January 07, 2005

Bishop Listecki brings new perspective

...some needs, [Bishop] Listecki said, remain common to all Catholics.

"When I assume the leadership role, I will do an assessment of the particular needs of the diocese," he said. "There's always a need for all Catholics to support the dignity of life. ... Given the fact that we have new technologies, resources, given the fact that we have the ability to privatize so many things, respect for the dignity of human life is crucial."

Although his predecessor didn't back down when it came to certain hot-button issues, Listecki said that as of now, he doesn't know if he would change any of Burke's decisions.

"Bishop Burke was, always in my mind, a person who was thorough and very spiritual and very pastoral," he said. "That's not a person I would see as controversial or rash. ... (But) until I meet or confront those issues, I couldn't give you a definite answer."
Source.

No comments: