Thursday, February 03, 2005

Pope's condition concerns Archbishop Burke, others

St. Louis Catholics prayed for Pope John Paul II's health Wednesday after the Vatican disclosed that the pope, 84, had been taken to a hospital in Rome.

"I am greatly encouraged by the recent reports indicating that the condition of our Holy Father, Pope John Paul II ... has stabilized," [Archbishop] Burke said in a statement. "I ask Christ's faithful in the Archdiocese of St. Louis, and all people of good will in the metropolitan community, to continue their prayers for the pope ..."
We were invited out to dinner by a couple of friends Tuesday evening and I told them what I had heard and read about our Holy Father. We added special prayers for his speedy recovery when we prayed before dinner. I think many, many prayers are being said for him at this time.
Link.

No comments: