Monday, February 13, 2006

Don't Sign a Life Away

From a recent email... Spread the word:
My fellow Defenders,

Like you, I am a member of the Defenders of Archbishop Burke. I believe that the members of our organization have a deep love for the Catholic Church and are willing to support Archbishop Burke and the things that are important to him.

As you know I have taken a strong public stand against the deceptive "Missouri Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative". On November 25th, 2005 Archbishop Burke referred to this petition in his "Archbishop's Column" in the St. Louis Review:
"In a particular way, let us work to stop the latest manifestation of the culture of death in our state of Missouri, the initiative to obtain the constitutional guarantee of the right to attack innocent and defenseless human life."
Archbishop Burke has authorized an extensive educational effort on this issue in Catholic parishes in an attempt to defeat the petitions and amendment. I think you will agree that our mission is clear. We must, as Archbishop Burke says "work to stop the latest manifestation of the culture of death in our state of Missouri" - the "Missouri Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative".

It is for this reason that I asked Mr. McKenzie to allow me to write this letter to you. I need supporters of Don't Sign a Life Away!. I need people to help spread the word around the state of Missouri. I need people here in St. Louis to help minimize the success of those collecting petitions. I need contributions to help fund bumper stickers, flyers and educational materials to inform citizens about this misleading campaign. I need help distributing this material around the state.

I want to order 100,000 bumper stickers that say "Don't Sign the Cloning Petition!" A quantity like this costs only 5 cents per bumper sticker, but cost $5000 for the entire order. I am looking for funding in many places. Perhaps you would like to contribute.

Now is the time for action! The petition gatherers have just begun. I think they will move on to Kansas City when they finish in St. Louis. Even if they succeed in placing the Amendment on the ballot our work will not have been in vain. Every effort we make now helps to educate voters about the true nature of this amendment and will help us defeat the amendment in November.

Please consider this a personal invitation to become a member of Don't Sign a Life Away! Please visit our website at http://www.dontsignalifeaway.org/ for information about our group and contact information. Or you may simply email me at molly@dontsignalifeaway.org or call me at 636.519.8160.

Mr. McKenzie tells me he sends out approximately 275 emails. I hope that many of you will also see fit to join Don't Sign a Life Away! Together we can stop this thing! Please keep this intention in your prayers, especially that God send many helpers to this state-wide educational campaign.

Gratefully,
Molly McCann

No comments: