Friday, May 05, 2006

Mental Prayer - First Saturday of May

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Fifth Glorious Mystery (Mary's Queenship)

The Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen)

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: For the understanding of this prayer which we say after Mass each morning.

Hail, Holy Queen: A respectful greeting like saying "hello" or "good day, Mary." Queen of all the the saints in heaven... of all of us here on earth... my Queen. Mary who watches over... leads... and protects her people... watch over, lead, and protect me.

Mother of Mercy: Mary, my Mother, cares for me as her child. Mercy means kindness, love toward one who is in trouble or who has done wrong. How a mother is merciful to her child who is in trouble. How often I do wrong when I sin... how often in need of help and forgiveness. Mary, my mother, help me... be merciful to me.

Hail, our life: As a Christian I want to build my life around her. I want to dedicate myself to her. Mary, help me to lead my life as you lived yours... in union with Christ.

Our sweetness: Our beloved... one dear to us... to me... one whom I love... be my happiness and joy. ­

Our hope: Hope means to rely on, to trust in. It is of course on you that I rely, Mother, I am con­fident that you love me... will help me... in temptations... in troubles... in all my actions.

To thee do we cry: To you, Mary, do we come to pray.

Poor banished children of Eve: Poor... as beggars... we live in a world which does not want to belong to God... exiled from heaven by the sin of Adam and Eve.

To thee do we send up our sighs: To you, Mary, do we look for help... to you do we pray.

Mourning and weeping in this valley of tears: We who are in this world full of troubles and sorrow and hardships.

Turn then most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us. And after this our exile, show unto us, the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

Thought for Today: Mother of mercy, to thee do we cry.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: