Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mental Prayer for December 13, The Way, the Truth, and the Life

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To come to know Christ better.

The Idea: Let us take a look at the Leader who calls us to His service. There is another aspect to following Him that we have not thought much about before. This is the fact that as our Leader, Christ shows us in His life the way the battle must be fought, the way the world can be won. For that is what He came on earth to do, and He chose the best way to do it. Men who want to become great in any line of work study the lives and techniques of others who have been great in that line.

My Personal Application: I want, if possible, to help save the world. Christ is the Savior - He has done the job perfectly as my Leader and calls me now to take my part in it, share the task after and with Him. He shows me in His life the best way to do the job. As my life is more like His, so it will be more a successful life for this great work. And to make my life like His, I must study His life carefully and try to understand it. Have I ever read a book on the life of our Lord? Do I own a New Testament? Read it? Suppose a non­Catholic challenged me today: "You try to tell me about Christ! Have you ever read the four Gospels all the way through?" What's my answer?

I Speak to Christ: Dear Lord, I will study your life again carefully; read it slowly, thoughtfully in the Gospels. Your life is the most important life ever lived. I will read what other people have written about you. And I want it to be a model of mine. Open my eyes to it.

Thought for Today: "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Learn of me."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: