Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Principles and Practices - April 30

How to Endure Trials

A virgin of very holy life answered one who asked about trials as follows:
'I have always received every adversity calmly from the hand of the Lord.

If anyone did me any ill turn, I have always taken care to repay him by some special benefit, which I should not have done him unless I had received the injury.

To no one have I ever complained of trials except only to God, and therefore from the beginning have I received from the same Lord consolation and strength.

I give thanks to Him who in His mercy has been pleased to lift me above all created things, and to admit me to the peaceful enjoyment of Himself and to an unspeakable union with Him.'
-Blosius.
_________________
From Principles and Practices
Compiled by Rev. J. Hogan of The Catholic Missionary Society
Published by Burns Oates & Washbourne Ltd., Publishers To The Holy See
Nihil Obstat; Eduardus J. Mahoney, S.T.D. Censor deputatus.
Imprimatur; Edm. Can. Surmont, Vicarius generalis.
First printed in 1930

No comments: