Saturday, August 15, 2009

Principles and Practices - August 16

Where Am I?

Where is my soul so far as perfection is concerned?...Alas! do I not live in constant disorder? Is not my life a perpetual subversion of order? Let us consider: what is my habitual motive for acting? Is it not primarily and far too much - self? What is the first object of my thoughts? What is the favourite tendency of my affections? What is the preponderant incentive of my actions? Is it not myself, my own pleasure, my own convenience, my own interests, my own humour or whim or taste? Always self? Self everywhere?

-Tissot.
_________________
From Principles and Practices
Compiled by Rev. J. Hogan of The Catholic Missionary Society
Published by Burns Oates & Washbourne Ltd., Publishers To The Holy See
Nihil Obstat; Eduardus J. Mahoney, S.T.D. Censor deputatus.
Imprimatur; Edm. Can. Surmont, Vicarius generalis.
First printed in 1930

No comments: