Saturday, February 19, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for February 19

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

CHAPTER VII
The Eucharist


...Hence the words of consecration have a double sense; the primary signification of the words is: "This is the Body of Christ; this is the Blood of Christ;" but the secondary signification is "This is my body; this is my blood."

Some such sentiment as this we should have in our heart at the moment of consecration: "I give myself to God, here is my body. Take it. Here is my blood. Take it. Here is my soul, my will, my energy, my strength, my property, my wealth-all that I have. It is yours. Take it! Consecrate it! Offer it!"...

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: