Thursday, May 05, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for May 5

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

CHAPTER XII
Occasional Prayers


PRAYER OF A WOUNDED MAN

Thou hast permitted me to be struck, but Thou hast saved me from death.

For the sake of my beloved parents, and for my own sake, I thank Thee from the bottom of my heart.

During the long hours of inaction may my thoughts often turn to Thee.

Support those who do not have hope and faith. May there be no more wars, never any more.

Change the hearts that are in men that they may feel like brothers and not kill one another.

-From a French Soldier's Prayer Book.



[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: