Thursday, January 15, 2004

Followup to the article "Bishop Burke, 'Cafeteria' Bishop"

This is a followup to this post.

After doing a little research, first to Helen Hull Hitchcock's wonderful site, Women for Faith & Family, I ended up at "Voice of the Faithful-St. Louis".

And whose name do you think appears on the list of the Leadership Committee members of VOTF-SL?

Why am I not surprised....? I'm not sure.

A couple of other interesting notes about VOTF-SL, though:
I learned that "Faithful St. Louis" ( as it was formerly called) was promoted by St. Cronan's which, incidentally, encouraged parishioners (via the bulletin) to attend a lecture by Fr. Richard McBrien.

Not only that, and this could very well be coincidental, as I was reading the VOTF-SL History page, I came across a name which seemed familiar to me - Paige Byrne-Shortal.

It just so happens that Paige Byrne-Shortal is scheduled to speak at Immaculate Conception's "Inspiration Quest" series on Friday, Feb. 6, at 7:00pm. ICD's "Inspiration Quest" is promoted as an 'Adult Christian Learning Series'. Coincidental? Maybe....Not to mention, of course, her numerous articles in the National Catholic Reporter.

No comments: