Monday, April 26, 2004

Catholic priest planning to form "inclusive" splinter church

The Rev. Bill Hausen was transferred from a suburban parish back to the church where he grew up in Pittsburgh when he told parishioners in an Easter 2002 sermon that they should be "pissed off" about the Roman Catholic clergy sex scandal, and that married men and women should become priests.

But that pales to the excommunication Pittsburgh Bishop Donald Wuerl says Hausen faces if he leads his own church for Mass at a suburban hotel banquet room on May 2.

"I don't feel like I'm leaving the church or leading people out of the church - I'm leading them in. I'm inviting them inclusively," Hausen said. "I love the church ... it's the hierarchy I have a problem with."
It's all about ME! I am the new WAY, the new TRUTH, the new LIFE....Follow me!

We should pray for Bishop Wuerl and for these lost people.

Story here.

No comments: