Monday, July 05, 2004

When moral and secular values clash

And here is one more link for your reading pleasure:

Jan Wacker, in denying Archbishop Burke's ibligation to teach and sanctify the faithful states, "As a Catholic I believe only God has the right to judge my actions. I am responsible for my actions, and I do not need to be stopped at the Communion rail by others who believe they have been given the right to judge here on earth. The archbishop has chosen to interfere with politics, and if he continues to do so, he is jeopardizing the "nonprofit" organization the Catholic church professes to be."

Yes, Jan, we should be more concerned with the 'non-profit' status of the Church rather than the murder of thousands of innocent children every day! As a Catholic, you should know better!

James R. Burkhart writes, "As a Catholic, if I can't vote for Gov. Bob Holden or State Auditor Claire McCaskill (who are both pro-choice) for governor, nor President George W. Bush (since abortion in cases of rape or incest is OK by him) or Sen. John Kerry (since he is pro-choice), maybe I should move to another diocese where the bishop says otherwise if I want to vote."

Yes, James, it's time to move! There are plenty of dioceses where bishops will confirm one in their sins and tell them everything is A.O.K...If you need help locating one, let us know!

Link.

No comments: