Friday, February 11, 2005

And I thought I was beyond being shocked....

Quite by accident in reviewing a different story about some local teachers who want the archdioces to accept their new union in addition to the one already established, I came across a comment section regarding a story that aired earlier about the St. Stanislaus issue.

I knew there were a number of people, including professed Catholics who have no love for Archbishop Burke. I also know a number of people who are so happy to have been blessed with him as our shepherd, and I include myself in that group.

While a number of the comments are supportive, far too many are hostile and hateful. And a number of the latter come from those who claim to be Catholic.

When I see these things, what many have called a "de facto" schism, I recall the words of Cardinal Ratzinger who opined that the Church would become smaller, but from this smaller and more faithful Church, would spring a vibrant Church, faithful to Christ. I wonder some days if I am witnessing this in my lifetime.

Anyway, the link to the comments is here, Click on the link that says Results if you want to read what people are thinking. It's not for the weak! As I said, I was shocked by some of things I read.

No comments: