Wednesday, February 01, 2006

God Called Him to the Priesthood and He Answered

Today in the Post there is a very short article of a priest of 42 years, Fr Ferdinand J. Wesloh, pastor of Our Lady Queen of Peace in House Springs.
"I'm not afraid to walk down the street with my priest's collar on, unlike some people," Wesloh said. "I'm living the life I know I'm supposed to live as a spiritual man."
. . .
Wesloh said he became a priest partly due to the example set by other priests and the encouragement from his parents, but ultimately because he felt a calling from God.
And he responded to God's call by saying yes.

Pray that more men open their hearts and minds to the call of our Lord. And pray for those whom He has chosen and who have responded by dedicating their lives to the service of our Lord and His Church.

No comments: