Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mental Prayer for May 11 - I Desire Nothing More

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: That I may understand the extent of this offering, and have the generosity to fulfill it. Take,O Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, my whole will. You have given me all that I have.

I restore it all to You and surrender it: Everything that is me - my mind, my will, my talents - that they may be used in Christ's battle to bring the world to you.

That You may dispose of it according to Your will: Christ, I want you to call the signals. I know you show me your will through those who take your place in my life: my parents, my teachers; my priest, my bishop, Your vicar, my pope. I break the chain of command you have set up when I refuse my devoted service to these, your liaison officers. My "I surrender" becomes then, "I want out."

Give me only Your love: True, Christ, you love every man, but in proportion as each has a capacity for your love. You offer me the special love of a captain for his devoted soldiers.

And Your grace: Both sanctifying grace, the life of the soul (for without it we can do nothing in our service), and actual grace, the impulses and inspirations, the lights and urgings always to do better in your service.

And I am rich enough: If I really live this offering, I am one of the richest persons in the world. I have everything that really counts for true happi­ness, for true security. Much richer than I deserve to be for my past weaknesses in your ranks. God, you yourself actually love me. You want me to fight as a soldier in your cause. What a tremen­dous thought and challenge! With all of this I am quite rich enough!

And I desire nothing more: What else of any real importance is there to want? You have proved your love for me by your death. How am I going to prove mine? By this offering of my whole self!

Thought for Today: Give me your grace and I am rich!
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: