Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mental Prayer for May 12- Mary, the Mother of God Presence of God.

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Lord, give me the grace to under­stand the dignity of the grace of Mary's divine motherhood.

The Idea: To what dignity and honor can a creature be elevated that is higher than that of Mother of God? Specially chosen by God the Father and richly showered with gifts of grace, overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, Mary conceives within her the Son of God Himself, the Second Person of the Trinity. What intimate union with God! No creature could even imagine such an honor, much less aspire to it. And yet on this humble young girl of Nazareth, God heaped all these gifts.

My Personal Application: First, do I congratulate the Blessed Mother for such a high position and honor? Do I thank her for the part she had in my salvation? Then, do I imitate her as closely as possible? Do I strive to be united to God by trying with all my power to increase the grace in my soul? Do I imitate her humility in accepting the gifts that God has heaped upon me? Have I ever stopped to realize what a tremendous honor it is for every man - for me - that a human being should be God's mother?

I Speak to God: Lord, give me the grace to address my prayers to Our Lady with greater con­fidence in her powerful intercession. Give me a deep realization of Mary's high role in winning my salvation... (And to Our Lady) Mary, Mother of God, bring me closer to your divine Son.

Thought for Today: Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: