Saturday, July 08, 2006

Mental Prayer for July 9 -Marriage Feast at Cana

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask : To realize the great power of Mary's intercession with Jesus.

Mental Picture (d. John 2:1-2) : Noisy crowd at a wedding banquet, laughing and talking. Jesus and His disciples too are joining in the fun... Mary is directing the servants in their work. Suddenly she whispers softly to her Son, "There is no wine." Jesus turns to her, "Leave that to me, Mother; my hour is not yet come." Still, with a quiet confidence, Mary beckons to the servants, "Do whatever He tells you." Jesus looks at her, smiles, nods His head, and says to the servants, "Fill the waterpots with water." Then He changes the water into wine... it is His first public miracle... and He does it for His Mother.

My Personal Application: Why did Jesus perform His first miracle for His Mother? And why did HeI do it ahead of time? Isn't He simply trying to show me the great power that Mary has over Him ?

It is as if He were saying, "Look, if you want anything from me, just have my Mother ask for it. I can't refuse her anything."

I Speak to Christ: Lord Jesus, from watching you change this water into wine at your Mother's request, help me to realize the great power she has with you. I want to realize the full force of the saying, "To Jesus Through Mary." Let me form the habit of coming to you with Mary at my side to plead for me and with me.

Thought for Today: "To Jesus Through Mary."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: