Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mental prayer for December 20, Mary's Part

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: O Holy Spirit, help me to see the important part Mary plays in my prayer.

The Idea: To pattern my life closely on Christ's life I must know Christ intimately, personally. From whom will I, as a faithful Catholic, better learn this interior knowledge than from her who knew Him best? Mary, the mother of my King, has that special knowledge of Christ that I want. She knows Him the way I want to know Him. She first showed Him to us at Bethlehem; she will keep on showing Him to anyone who is interested and willing to learn.

My Personal Application: Do I see how Mary can help me? Am I willing to let her teach me? Learning to know Christ is the most important part of my life; am I convinced of this? Con­vinced enough to ask Mary's help? Then this Christmas I will ask her in a very special way to lead me to her Son. She will help Him be born in me.

I Speak to Mary: My Mother Mary, I want you to teach me... you who raised my great King... you who taught Him His prayers, watched Him grow...
you who "pondered these things in your heart." You know what goes on inside Him: His thoughts, His feelings, His attitudes. That is the kind of knowledge I want. Help me to know Him as you do.

Thought for Today: "To Jesus Through Mary."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: