Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Mental Prayer for December 27, Why Did Christ Come?

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: That in realizing why Christ came, I may be spurred on to help bring Him to other people.

The Idea: "He has come!" The long-awaited Savior of the world has arrived. The Son of God has become man that men might become the sons of God. Here is the tremendous reality of our salvation, this newborn infant in the crib at
Bethlehem. Christmas has come and gone again, and what has it meant to the people around me? Has it been just a time to exchange gifts, and to have a pleasant holiday? Did Christ and the Mass enter at all into their Christmas? Have they been simply on the surface of things, never penetrating down into the marvelous reality of what Christmas really is and means? The Christ­mas tree withers; the candy is eaten; the orna­ments are packed away. And what of Christ? Is He just as easily forgotten? Does His coming mean anything to the people that I will come in contact with today? Are they different in any way because He has come? If not, why not?

My Personal Application: Christ must come again with His grace to each person to save him. He must be born again, not in the stable of Bethlehem, but in the heart of each man. And how am I to help Him? My fellow men may not see Christ, but they can see me, a Christian. They cannot hear Christ the King directly, but they can hear Him through me, a soldier of His.

I Speak to Christ: My infant King, help me to bring all men to realize what your coming means. Never let me rest as long as there is a soul that has not heard of you, a person that does not love you, a human being that does not follow you, my King and my God.

Thought for Today: "Why did He come?"
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: