Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mother Upset after Abortion Video Shown at Catholic School

KENDALL, Fla. -- A parent of a 15-year-old girl at a Catholic high school in Kendall is upset after her daughter was shown a video of a live abortion without parental consent.

Dawn Jackson said her daughter was shown the video at Archbishop Coleman F. Carroll High School, owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Miami.

"I couldn't even speak," Jackson said. "I couldn't even believe that they had shown her this without my permission...I'm very worried that a lot of people don't know about this...That they don't know that they are using scare tactics."

So now, showing the horrific truth of abortion is resorting to "scare tactics" - the rhetoric of the culture of death. The video has been part of the high school curriculum for seven years yet it seems that this is the first complaint.

I can understand the anti-life crowd voicing complaints, but certainly not parents who send their teenagers to a Catholic high school. I can't help but wonder what's missing from this story.

No comments: