Friday, January 19, 2007

Mental Prayer for January 20, Campaign Strategy

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To know myself.

Mental Picture: Christ and Satan... two opposing generals planning their battle strategy... they look over the land they want to conquer... that is, they study me.

They look at me inside and outside - at my character... my personality... my habits... my passions. They study how best to use all these to win the war... the war is over me.

My Personal Application: I know whom I want to win this war. And yet, much as I want to be on Christ's side, lined up under His banner, I know that there are many tendencies within me which seem to go directly against Christ, which push me toward the camp of the enemy.

I have traitors inside myself: my pride... my selfishness... my laziness... love of the easy way... habits of follow­ing whatever others do... blindly... without much thinking on my own; my desires for clothes... cars... money; my longing to be liked... admired by others... human respect; my flesh... my weaknesses... I can be my own worst enemy.

Do I know the weak points and the strong points of my own character. If my soul's defenses are weak in spots, I'll have to watch and work on those spots where Satan and his forces will be sure to attack me.

I Speak to God: My Lord, open my eyes to these danger spots within myself. Make me alert and strong to defend them all. The devil knows my weakest side very well. Let me know it too, or I will be in real trouble.

Thought for Today: "Your enemy the devil goes about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: