Friday, December 28, 2007

Just for Today, December 29

Neither desire to be singularly praised or beloved: for this belongs to God alone, who hath none like to Him­self. Neither desire that anyone's heart should be set on thee; nor do thou let thyself be taken up with the love of anyone; but let Jesus be in thee and in every good man.
- Bk. II, ch. viii.
_______________

My love for them (the novices) is so disinterested that I do not even want them to know of it, but I would be ready to give my life for them. By the grace of God I have never tried to win their affection. I knew that my mission was to lead them to God and to you, dear Mother, who represent God to them, and whom they are therefore bound to love and respect.
- The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: