Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Just for Today, February 14

Vanity of vanities, and all is vanity, besides loving God and serving Him alone. This is the highest wisdom: by despising the world to tend to heavenly kingdoms.
-Bk. I, ch. i.
_______________

Many of the young and wealthy people I met at these house-parties are now dead. I sometimes remember their fine country houses and beautiful grounds, and think how useless all their possessions are to them now.

Vanity of vanities and all is vanity, besides loving God and serving Him alone. Perhaps Our Lord wished me to see the world before my First Communion, so that I might choose freely before I bound myself to Him.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: