Saturday, February 16, 2008

Just for Today, February 17

My God and my All! Enough is said to him that understands; and it is delightful to him that loves to repeat it often.

Oh! when will this blessed and desirable hour come, when Thou shalt fill me with Thy presence, and become to me All in All?
-Bk. III, ch. xxxiv.
_______________

My soul is filled with the Will of God, so that nothing can penetrate it, but remains on the surface as oil floats on water. If my soul were not already filled, it would be at the mercy of passing joys and sorrows, which succeed each other so swiftly. But these emotions scarcely touch me, and I always enjoy deep peace.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
_________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: