Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just for Today, May 11

For the profit of one that stands in need, a good work is sometimes freely to be omitted, or rather to be changed for a better. For by doing thus, a good work is not lost, but is changed into a better.

-Bk. I, ch. xv.
____________

During the afternoon she received Extreme Unction and Holy Viaticum. After the ceremony she showed us her hands with great respect. She had scarcely finished her thanksgiving when several of the Community came to see her and speak to her. She said to me afterwards:
"My thanksgiving was often interrupted, but I remem­bered how, when Our Lord withdrew into the desert and the people followed Him, He did not send them away. I tried to imitate Him by receiving my Sisters graciously."
-Novissima Verba.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: