Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just for Today, July 14

Thy cell, if thou continue in it, grows sweet; but if thou keep not to it, it becomes tedious and distrasteful. If, in the beginning of thy conversion, thou accustom thyself to remain in thy cell, and keep it well, it will be to thee afterwards a dear friend and a most agreeable delight.
-Bk. I, ch. xx.
_________________
At the beginning of July her condition became serious, and she was taken down to the infirmary. Looking at her empty cell and knowing that she would never return, Mere Agnes de Jesus said to her: "How painful it will be to see this cell after you have been taken from us!"

"My little Mother, you must comfort yourself with the thought of my happiness in Heaven, which in great measure I shall have earned in this little cell. I have suffered so much here, that I would have been glad also to die here."
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: