Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just for Today, July 20

Lord, I will suffer willingly for Thee whatsoever Thou art pleased should befall me. I will receive with in­difference from Thy hand good and evil, sweet and bitter, joy and sorrow; and will give Thee thanks for all that happens to me.
-Bk. III, ch. xvii.
_____________

"They say of you that you have never suffered much." With a smile she pointed to a glass containing a draught of a bright red colour: "To look at it," she said, "one would think it a delicious drink, yet it is exceedingly bitter. It is a figure of my life; to others it has seemed bright and happy, as though I drank from the cup of delight, yet all the while it was most bitter. I speak of bitterness, but my life has not been embittered, for I knew how to draw joy and comfort from it all."
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme) .
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: