Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Principles and Practices - September 3

Renew Frequently

Those acts which encourage, and which increase our trust (I) Fervent Communion, which gives you entire confidence in Jesus and through Jesus: I can do all in Him who strengtheneth me; he who liveth in Me bears forth abundance of fruit.

How could your hope be better excited and sustained? You can say more truly than the Psalmist: 'I have my God and my Saviour with me, I can walk in entire confidence and I shall not be afraid.'

-Prevot, S.C.J.
_________________
From Principles and Practices
Compiled by Rev. J. Hogan of The Catholic Missionary Society
Published by Burns Oates & Washbourne Ltd., Publishers To The Holy See
Nihil Obstat; Eduardus J. Mahoney, S.T.D. Censor deputatus.
Imprimatur; Edm. Can. Surmont, Vicarius generalis.
First printed in 1930

No comments: