Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Archbishop Burke becomes 8th Archbishop of St. Louis

I was able to watch the Installation Mass last night on EWTN. I only wish that I could have been there.
I sense that this man is very humble. I hope his homily can be found online somewhere - it was truly wonderful. He mentioned devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus a few times which were words one seldoms hears today in many parishes.

In his half-hour homily, Burke urged Catholics to place an image of Jesus with his exposed heart in their homes and their workplaces, and to attend daily Mass and make frequent visits to the Eucharist in area parishes.

The Post-Dispatch article is a decent write-up and can be read here. I will look later to see if I can find the Archbishop's homily which kept me riveted to the TV.

May our Lord generously bless Archbishop Burke with abundant graces.

No comments: