Thursday, April 08, 2004

Another confused Catholic writes the Post Dispatch

Burke's wrong foot
Archbishop Raymond Burke is the poster boy for how to start off a new job on the wrong foot.

As a Catholic, I am offended by his bellicose, loose-cannon actions since coming to St. Louis. You do not connect people to your viewpoint by bullying them or through public humiliation.

You convert by good example, love and kindness, empathy and listening to problems with an open mind. And, miracle of miracles, sometimes you find the other party was right and you were wrong.

T.H. Akeroyd
St. Louis

Letter is here.

I am really confused here. I have seen the Archbishop a number of times and never once have I witnessed anything like T.H Akeroyd states. I have seen only a humble, holy, faithful man who is doing what he has been charged to do. It is certainly grossly disrespectful to accuse the Archbishop of being bellicose or acting like a loose cannon.

No comments: