Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Kerry's unknown talents have been recently discovered.

He's both a clown and a theologian.
Mr. Kerry became combative when told that some conservatives were criticizing him for being a Roman Catholic who supported policies, like abortion rights and same-sex unions, that are at odds with Catholic teaching.

"Who are they?" he demanded of his questioner. "Name them. Are they the same legislators who vote for the death penalty, which is in contravention of Catholic teaching?"
Oh really? And when did the death penalty become intrinisically evil, your holiness?

Now perpare yourself for his comic relief clown act with a bit of theologian thrown in for good measure:
I'm not a church spokesman. I'm a legislator running for president. My oath is to uphold the Constitution of the United States in my public life. My oath privately between me and God was defined in the Catholic church by Pius XXIII and Pope Paul VI in the Vatican II, which allows for freedom of conscience for Catholics with respect to these choices, and that is exactly where I am.
Pope Pius the 23rd, eh? The last Pope Pius I heard about besides Pius XII was self appointed Pope Pius XIII who is living somewhere, I believe in Montanta or some such place.

Kerry and conscience...sort of like black and white, good and evil, dark and light...once again we witness the fruit borne by deficient catechesis among professed Catholics.

Full story at the New York Time here.

No comments: