Friday, April 22, 2005

Happy Earth Day...or...A Pro-Life Mass for "Mother Earth"

A few years back (circa 2000), I went to our monthly Pro-Life Mass as was my customary obligation, I felt, to invoke the blessings of the Almighty to have mercy on us and our nations, steeped in the Culture of Death.

I do not recall if it was "Earth Day" then or not, but we were privileged to hear a homily about our Greatest Sacramental - "Mother Earth". The priest even passed around a picture of "Mother Earth", presumably so we could become more attuned to his homily. When it came to be my turn to gaze upon the picture of "Mother", I merely held up one hand to indicate that I did not need to see it so that it could be passed on to another.

I have never able to confirm that our "greatest sacramental" is "Mother Earth"...God knows how hard I have searched.

No comments: