Monday, May 02, 2005

A Flame Still Burns in Ireland

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I flew to Ireland on St. Patrick’s Day. I was expecting the flight would have some kind of celebration in honor of St. Patrick and even imagined I might see a bit of green. To my surprise, there was neither much green nor a passing reference to Ireland’s patron saint.

The lady sitting next to me was a fallen away Catholic who found it quite ironic that I would be carrying a statue of Our Lady of Fatima to Catholic Ireland....Arriving in Ireland a bit groggy after a sleepless night, I faced a grumpy customs agent who, with a characteristic Irish brogue, asked the reason for my stay. I replied with as much candour as I could muster, “I am here to help a friend spread the Fatima message.” The agent simply rolled his eyes as if to say, “Oh no, another religious fanatic,” ...
More here at America Needs Fatima

No comments: