Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Week of Prayer for Christian Unity

In the basilica of St. Paul's Outside-the-Walls at 5.30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25, Feast of the Conversion of the Apostle Paul, Benedict XVI will preside at the celebration of Vespers to mark the close of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity.


Each day of the Week will have a different theme:

January 18: United through the presence of Christ. "One Lord, one Faith, one Baptism" (Ephesians 4: 5, 6).

January 19: Building Christian unity with Jesus in our midst - daily ecumenism. "You also ought to wash one another's feet" (John 13: 14).

January 20: Praying together in Jesus' name. "The Lord waits to be gracious to you" (Isaiah 30: 18).

January 21: From the past to the future - forgiveness and healing of memories. "Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy times seven " (Matthew 18: 22).

January 22: God's presence among us: a call to peace. "The Lord is with us" (Psalm 46).

January 23: Mission in Jesus' name. "So it is not the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost" (Matthew 18: 14).

January 24: Recognizing and welcoming God's presence in the other in Jesus' name "Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me" (Matthew 18: 5).

January 25: One in hope. "On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you" (John 14:20).

No comments: