Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mental Prayer for August 10-Because You Have Believed

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Lord, give me an unquestioning faith!

Mental Picture (cf. Matt. 8:5-13): As Jesus entered Capharnaum, a centurion came to Him asking for his aid; "Lord," he said, "I have a servant lying sick at my house, cruelly tormented with the palsy." Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him." But the centurion answered, "Lord, I am not worthy to receive thee under my roof; my servant will be healed if thou wilt only speak a word of command. I too know what it is to obey authority; I have soldiers under me, and I say, 'Go,' to one man, and he goes, or 'Come,' to another, and he comes, or, 'Do this,' to my servant, and he does it." When he heard that, Jesus said to his followers in amazement, "Believe me, I have not found faith like this even in Israel."

My Personal Application: The centurion believed that Christ was all-powerful, that He could con­trol disease just as easily as the centurion could control his servants. Is my faith in Christ as strong as the centurion's? The sure test of it is the way I act. Do my actions mirror my belief in Christ's power?

I Speak to Christ: I want to gladden your heart, as the centurion did, with my absolute faith! Help me to know you more intimately, to under­stand my relationship to you, to live my faith in my every thought, word, and action.

Thought for Today: "Because you have believed in me..."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: