Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mental Prayer for October 1-Why God Created Me

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: Lord, help me to see that I am made for you and you alone.

The Idea: I stand before God's throne and ask reverently, "Lord, why did you create me?"

Out of the silence comes God's voice, "My child I am fully happy. When I create, I get nothing from creatures that increases my happiness. Why did I create you? Because I want to share my infinite happiness with you forever. I want to give you the glorious opportunity of enjoying me in face-to-face vision and love forever in heaven. Your eyes have never seen, nor have your ears ever heard, nor have you in your wildest dreams ever imagined the happiness I plan for you in heaven. Why did I create you? Because I want you to share my happiness - forever.

My Personal Application: Full happiness. Every­body craves it. From my experience I know that nothing here on earth can ever fill that craving. Now I know why. Because my soul is created for God: to see Him face to face in heaven and to be drowned in full happiness with Him forever. This is my only goal in life: to get back to God. Do I deeply realize this truth of truths? Do I practi­cally want God as the big goal of my life? Or do I waste my life in a continual pursuit of attractive creatures? Can I ever take a chance of missing this big goal of my life?

I Speak to God: Lord, how good you are. You create, not to get anything, but to give me yourself forever. Thank you for giving me life, this glorious opportunity to win you. Lord, I keenly desire to be with you in heaven. Help me to make this the one big desire of my life.

Thought for Today: "You have made us for your­self, O Lord, and our hearts are restless till they rest in you" (St. Augustine).
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: