Friday, September 29, 2006

Mental Prayer for September 30-God Created Me

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: My Creator, help me realize that all I am and all I have comes from you.

The Idea: The most basic, fundamental truth that man must hold - indeed, seize upon and fasten so deeply in his consciousness that it influences his every decision and action - that truth is this: God created me!

He made me out of nothing - I had no right to exist at all - out of millions of possible persons, God selected me - selected and planned everything about me - my mental and nervous system, eyes and ears, features, talents - everything! I belong entirely to Him, my Maker.

My Personal Application: Do I take my life for granted?
Do I realize that it comes originally from God?...
That from moment to moment I depend on Him for the next second of life?
Do I ever thank God for creating me?
Do I make an act of adoration to my Creator every morning?
Do I realize that I belong to God?
Do I see His will (what He wants me to do) as the big duty of my life?
Am I firmly resolved to do what He commands and avoid what He forbids for me?

I Speak to God: My Creator, I know that I first came from you. I know that my every breath depends on your keeping me in existence. I adore you, my Creator; I admit that I belong entirely to you as the work of your hand. I see that your will is the primary duty of my life. I want to do it fully - but I am so utterly dependent on your help­ing grace. Please...help me to serve faithfully.

Thought for Today: May God's will be the rule of my life.
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: