Friday, November 16, 2007

"Sister" Roma Shocked at FCC

This outrage apparently comes from a post last night requesting that Catholics make a Holy Hour in adoration and reparation for the scandal and sacrilege which occurred in San Francisco last month.

FCC does not refer to the Federal Communications Commission but to the Fundamentalist Catholic Community of which Sister Roma speaks> His comments on the FCC "hatred" seems to refer to the request to pray and make reparations for the above mentioned sacrilege as well as the injustices and sins against God for which we and others are responsible.

The American TFP article reminds us that
"Through the merits of Christ's Death, the faithful are restored to grace and can thus make reparation to the justice of God for their own offences against Him. By virtue of the Communion of the Saints, they can also make satisfaction and reparation for the sins of others...In the same spirit of prayer and reparation as the 2,000 plus Public Square Rosary Rallies, the American TFP calls upon all to join with thousands of others in this crusade of prayers..."

So requests for prayer are now "hatred? Soon, considering the path our once Christian country is heading, this may indeed be the case.

But, let me allow Sister Roma to speak for himself:

I continue to be shocked and amazed at the depth of the hatred being spewed by the Fundamentalist Catholic Community. I am not making fun of or trying to emulate in a negative way the Catholic Nun. I am a Nun. I serve my Community through charity and education. I minister to the sick. What I wear and what I call myself is, quite frankly, none of your business. If you take issue with the fact that I call myself a Nun all I can tell you is that this is America and this is a free country. If you don't like the way I look or the fact that I am gay, I suggest you look further into your scriptures for the Lord's word regarding love and acceptance. Whether or not you approve of me and what I do is in no way going to stop me from doing it. I have answered a call to service. It is not only my honor to serve my Community, it is my privilege.

Sincerely,
Sister Roma
The Sisters Of Perpetual Indulgence., Inc.
I have read and re-read the article at The American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property (link here), yet I find find no hatred in it. Just as one might call himself whatever he fancies himself to be despite the objective reality that he is not what he claims, so too will such a person make other claims which are unfounded and baseless.

It is every Christian's duty to recall and teach that "Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection." CCC 2359, and that, being ccontrary to the natural law, "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered...Under no circumstances can they be approved." CCC 2357.

For those who reject this fundamental moral teaching of the Church, based upon Scripture and Tradition, we should continue to pray, even if they see this as "hatred."

No comments: