Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just for Today, July 30

If thou hadst a right spirit within thee, and were purified from earthly affections, all things would turn to thy good and to thy profit. For this reason do many things displease thee, and often trouble thee, because thou art not as yet perfectly dead to thyself, nor separat­ed from all earthly things.
-Bk. II, ch. i.
_________________

It is true that I am not always faithful, but I do not give way to discouragement; I just place myself in Our Lord's arms, and He teaches me to draw profit from both the good and the bad in me. He shows me how to gamble on the bank of love, or rather, He makes all the investments without consulting me. It is not my concern to know how much I am winning; what I have to do is to give myself entirely to Him. After a11, I am no prodigal, there is no need for Him to prepare a feast for me, because I am always with him (Luke xv, 31).
-Letters.

__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: