Monday, August 11, 2008

Just for Today, August 12

Jesus Christ alone is singularly to be loved, who alone is found good and faithful above all friends.
-Bk. II,. ch. viii.
_____________

He who is so soon to become my Bridegroom has been infinitely loving and merciful in not allowing me to become attached to anything here below. He knows that if I had found the slightest source of happiness, I would have clung to it with all my strength, so He has denied me the least trace of happiness. Rather than allow me to follow a light which was not His light, He has kept me in darkness, I do not want creatures to have any of my love, I want to keep it all for Jesus, as true happiness can only be found in Him. All shall be for Him, all; and when I have nothing to give, as is the case this evening, I will give Him that nothing.
-Letters.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: