Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just for Today, August 29

If it be deferred, let us believe that we are not well prepared, and that we are as yet unworthy of the great glory which shall be revealed in us at the appointed time; and let us endeavour to prepare ourselves better for our departure. Blessed is that servant, whom when his lord shall come, he shall find watching. Amen I say to you, he shall set him over all his possessions (Luke xii, 43).
-Bk. I, ch. xix.
____________

I know that I shall die soon, but the day of my death is always being postponed. I am like a child who has been promised a cake; every time he stretches out his hand for it, it is withdrawn out of reach. I am quite resigned to live or to die, I am even willing to recover and go to Cochin-China if it is God's will.
-Novissima Verba.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: