Thursday, January 20, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for January 20

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

Chapter V
Looking Into My Soul


To possess Thee, O Lover of Souls, is happiness, and the only happiness of the immortal soul!

To enjoy the sight of Thee is the only happiness of eternity.

At present I might amuse and sustain myself with the vanities of sense and time, but they will not last forever.

We shall be stripped of them when we pass out of this world. All shadows will one day be gone.

And what shall I do then? There will be nothing left to me but the Almighty God.

God and my soul will be the only two beings left in the whole world, as far as I
am concerned. He will be all in all, whether I wish it or no.

What a strait I shall then be in if I do not love Him!
--­Cardinal Newman.

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: